Troubleshooting Switch Connectivity
If the switch status on RUCKUS Cloud unexpectedly shows as Disconnected from cloud, then there can be a network connection issue between the switch and the Cloud application. In order to debug this issue, do the following.
- If the administrator is within the same network as the switch, ping the switch IP
- If the switch IP is reachable then open an SSH or console connection to the switch using the following credentials.
- Username: admin
- Password: This password can be found under the Switch settings in the venue where the switch was registered on the RUCKUS Cloud.
- After logging in to the switch, try to ping a device that’s connected to the switch from within the console.
- Verify if all the configuration on the switch is as expected by running the show running-config command.
- : For any reason if the user is not able to get in to the console or the SSH connection of the switch then perform a hard reset of the switch. To perform a hard reset, unplug the power connection, while pressing the Reset button plug in the power cord and wait for all the LEDs to blink amber. Then release the reset button and let the switch go through the reboot. Login to the console using the default credentials of username :super and password: sp-admin.