An event in Ruckus Cloud is any significant occurrence on managed APs, switches, associated clients, or in the system that requires tenants to be notified, whether for an immediate action or information purposes.
Note: When viewing the events, each table column can be sorted. Click the up/down arrow by the column name to sort the entries. The sort criteria used is appropriate to the column content. For example, Date information is sorted by most recent date first or last date first. Severity, Event Type, and Source are sorted by category, MAC address and Description by alphanumerical order.
From the navigation pane, click
and then select Wi-Fi or Switch or General.
The Events page displays the 50 most recent events that have occurred in your Ruckus Cloud account. If Ruckus Cloud has recorded more than 50 events, the right-bottom area of the page displays left (<) and right (>) arrows that you can click to view older events.Event details that are displayed on the page include:
- Date: Date and time when the event occurred.
- Severity: Icon representing the severity level assigned to the event. Click the icon to display the severity level. Refer to Event Severity Levels for more information.
- Event Type: Indicates where the event occurred (managed AP, associated client, or administrative). Refer to Event Types for more information.
- Source: Name of the AP, client, or administrative component on which the event occurred.
- MAC Address: MAC address of the AP, if the event occurred on an AP. Otherwise, this field is left blank.
- Description: Brief description of the event. The event description is dynamic, not static. Information specific to the event including identification of the related entity displays giving customers more information and allowing easier troubleshooting of events, if required. For example, the MAC address of the connected client is displayed.
To view the next page, click the right arrow (>). To jump to the last page of events, click the >| arrow.
You can also filter the events that are displayed on the page by using the filtering options at the top of the page.
- All Severities: Click the arrow to select the severity level by which the list of events is sorted.
- All Event Types: Click the arrow to select the event type (Admin, AP, Client, or Notification) by which the list of events is sorted.
- Jump To: Click the Date icon to select a date by which the list of events is sorted.
- Search for events: Enter a keyword that you want to use for any matching events. Click the magnifying glass icon to start the search.