Viewing Networks Configured for a Venue
- From the navigation pane, click Venues.
- On the Venues page, locate the venue that you want to check for configured networks.
In the same row as the venue name, click the number under the
Note: To view the names of the networks assigned to this venue, pause the pointer over the number.Note: If the number under the Networks column is 0 (zero), you get the following message when you click it:
No networks activated in this venue. Use the ON/OFF switches in the list to select the Networks to activate.The Networks tab for the venue displays the following information about each network that is assigned to the venue:
- Network Name: The name of the network. To view more information about this network, click the network name.
- Description: A brief description of the network.
- Type: One of the following types of network representing the network security:
- Pre-Shared Key (PSK)
- Enterprise AAA
- Captive Portal: Click-Through
- Captive Portal: Guest Pass
- Activated: Shows ON or OFF to display whether the network is activated.
- VLAN: Shows the VLAN ID that is assigned to the network.
- APs: Displays if the network is active on all the APs or on specific AP Groups in the venue. Click the link to open a dialog box with the Radios option to configure the APs or AP Groups that are advertising this network.
- Radios: Shows whether this network is available on the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth, or both. Click the link to open a dialog box with the APs/AP Group selection to configure the radio bandwidth.
- Scheduling: Shows network availability. Click the clock icon to open a window to set either 24/7 availability or customize the network availability down to 30-minute time periods for an individual day. Click Save to save your changes.