Adding a Switch
From the RUCKUS Cloud web interface, you can add RUKCUS ICX switches that are supported by RUCKUS Cloud.
- Connect the switch that you want to add to RUCKUS Cloud to a network that is connected to the Internet, and then plug it into a power source to power it on.
- On the navigation bar, click Devices and then select Switch.
In the upper-right corner,
The Add Switch dialog box appears. Alternatively, from the Venue page, select a venue, select Devices , select Switch, and then click Add.
For more information about the switch upgrade procedure, refer to the following figure.
In the Add
Switch dialog box, complete the following fields:
- Venue: Select the venue to which you want to deploy this switch.
- Serial Number: Enter the 11-digit valid serial number of the switch.
- Add as: Select the switch as a Standalone switch or Member in stack. Select a stack from the menu.
- Switch Name: (Optional) Assign a name to the switch.
- Description: (Optional) Add a brief description of the switch.
Choose a software image type either as a Switch or
Router from the Firmware Type
drop-down. By default, Factory default is loaded.
Note: Firmware type will only be applied to factory defaults switches. Switches with the pre-existing configurations will not be affected by this settings as to prevent loss of connectivity.
In the DHCP Client field, select a VLAN from the
Select VLAN drop-down.
Note: DHCP Client interafce will only be applied to factory defaults switches. Switches with the pre-existing configurations will not get the change as to prevent loss of connectivity.
- Click Create to add a switch.