Viewing Wi-Fi APs
You can view a summary of Wi-Fi APs that you have added to your Ruckus Cloud account and review all of their statuses. The WiFi tab is displayed on Ruckus LTE AP Management Service if you have added at least one Wi-Fi AP to it.
Follow these steps to view APs from the WiFi tab. To view LTE APs, refer to Viewing LTE APs.
On the menu, click
The Access Points page appears and displays the LTE tab by default.
The Access Points page appears and displays the WiFi tab. The number in brackets indicates how many managed Wi-Fi APs are in your account.
View information about your Wi-Fi APs under the following default columns.
- AP: The name of the access point. To view details about this access point, click the AP name. This field is sortable.
- Status: The current status of the AP (for example, Operational).
- Model: The hardware model of the Ruckus AP. Sortable field.
- IP : The IP address assigned to the AP. Sortable field.
- Identifier: The unique serial number of the AP, assigned to the AP network interface while creating the AP.
- Uptime: Time in days and hours that the AP has been operational.
- Tags: Shows any tags assigned to the AP.
View information about your Wi-Fi APs under the following columns.
- Clients: The number of LTE clients that are currently associated with this access point. To view details about the wireless clients, click the client number.
- Mesh : (Only for Wi-Fi AP) If Wi-Fi mesh networking is enabled on the AP, this column shows the role of the AP on the mesh network.
- If a large number of APs appear on the page, you can sort them by the column names. To sort APs by the column name, click the name of the column (for example, Status).