Adding an AP
- Connect the AP that you want to add to a network that is connected to the Internet, and then plug it into a power source to power it on.
- On the Dashboard, click
Device and then select Wi-Fi AP from the
drop-down. Alternatively, click Networking Devices on the
side bar and select the Wi-Fi tab APs and then
AP, or click Import from a file to add APs
in bulk. The Add AP dialog box appears.
- Complete the following fields to add an AP:
- Venue: Select the venue from the drop-down to which you want to deploy this AP.
- AP Name: Type a name for the AP. We recommend that you use the AP model number or another name that helps you identify this AP.
- Serial Number: Type the 12-digit serial
number of the AP. Note: The serial number for LTE AP has 2 and 9 in the fifth and sixth position respectively (for example, 123429132456). If you enter an LTE serial number, additional information fields pertaining to LTE are displayed as follows.
- Description: Add a brief description of the AP.
- Tag: Add a tag (keyword or term) that you want to assign to this AP. Using tags is one of the methods describe an AP.
- Click Create.