Editing an LTE AP
You can edit an AP to change its venue and/or name.
On the Dashboard, click
The Access Points page appears.
From the access point list, click the name of the AP that you want to edit.
The AP information page appears.
In the upper-right corner of the page, click
The Edit AP form appears.
Update the AP settings as required.
You can edit the following fields:
- Venue: Change the venue to which you want to deploy this AP.
- AP Name: Change the name for the AP. You could use the AP model number or another name that helps you identify this AP.
- Description: Change the description of the AP.
- Tag: Change the tag (keyword or term) of this AP. Using tags is another method to help describe this AP.
- Serial Number: You cannot edit the serial number.
- Cell Type: You can change the cell type as Home-eNB (default) to Macro-eNB.
- Select or clear the Set timing Source as GPS button. This action enables the GPS clock synchronization. If you select this option, you are prompted with another Set as Timing Master button. Select or clear the button as required. If selected, it is set as the master clock and is distributed throughout the network, providing frequency synchronization.
Edit the AP location by updating the latitude, longitude, and height from the sea level (in feet and meters).
Note: The location parameters cannot be changed if an AP is placed on the floor plan.
Choose the deployment as
outdoor by selecting the respective button.
Warning: Saving changes in deployment type will remove current AP certification.You are prompted with a Not Certified messages, if the Federal Communications Commission identification number (FCC ID), Maximum EIRP and related antenna configuration provided for the AP lacks certification. Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP) is used to figure out if a radio solution is within the values allowed by local regulatory bodies.Note: The deployment type is partially developed for current release. The Save and Certify option is highlighted after the LTE AP is powered on and is placed on a calibrated floor plan, and it obtains its Geo-co-ordinates. When you click Save and Certify, LTE AP starts its registration process with the SAS.
For Q950, additional information is displayed in the Edit AP dialog. Click Copy details to copy the information.
- Click Save.