Viewing Events That Have Occurred in a Venue
Periodically viewing events that have occurred in a venue can help alert you to potential issues with Ruckus Cloud-managed APs and wireless clients that associate with them.
- On the menu, click Venues.
- On the Venues page, locate the venue in which you want to view events.
Click the venue name.
The venue details page appears.
The Events tab appears and displays the latest events that have occurred in the venue over the last 24 hours. The following columns display the event details:
- Date: The date and time when the event occurred.
- Severity: The severity level of the event. See for information on what each severity level means.
- Event Type: The component that generated the event. Possible values include user (for example, a user disassociated from the network) and AP (for example, an AP was rebooted).
- Source: The name of the AP on which the event occurred.
- MAC Address: The MAC address of the AP on which the event occurred.
- Description: A brief description of the event. The event description is dynamic, not static. Information specific to the event including identification of the related entity displays giving customers more information and allowing easier troubleshooting of events, if required. For example, the MAC address of the connected client is displayed.
By default, the Events tab displays all severities and all event types.
To filter the events that appear on the
Events tab, use any or a combination of the following filters:
- All Severities: Click this drop-down menu, and then select the specific severity that you want to display.
- All Event Types: Click this drop-down menu, and then select the event type that you want to display.
- Jump To: Click Time, and then select a date on the calendar for which you want to display events. If you want to view events that occurred at a specific time on the selected date, click the clock icon below the calendar, and then select the specific time from the hour and second picker. The Events tab will display all events that have occurred in the venue during the 24-hour period following the time you selected.
- Search for events: In the search box, type a keyword that you want to use for any matching events. Click the magnifying glass icon to start the search.