Viewing Wi-Fi Clients Associated with an AP
- From the navigation pane, click Networking Devices and select the Wi-Fi tab.
- Click the name of the AP that you want to view details.
- Select the Clients
sub-tab.The Clients page displays a list of Wi-Fi clients that are currently connected to the Wi-Fi AP, including the following information about them:
- OS: The operating system that the client is running.
- Health: The health condition of the client.
- MAC Address: The MAC address of the client.
- IP Address: The IP address of the client.
- Username: The username that was used to authenticate with the AP.
- Hostname: The hostname (or device name) of the client.
- Wireless Network: The name of the wireless network.
- Wi-Fi Calling: The Wi-Fi calling service.
- Time Connected: The duration of time that the wireless client has been associated with the AP.
- Client Analytics: The link to RUCKUS Analytics for viewing the client analysis report.
- Type the partial or full user name or host name, MAC address, IP address, OS type, AP name or VLAN ID in the search box, and then click the search (magnifying glass) button to search for connected client.
The Clients tab displays both connected and disconnected (historical) wireless clients. Two lists will display and you may have to scroll down or filter the results using the search box.Note: Search criteria for historical clients is restricted to partial or full user name or host name, or MAC address.
The list of historical (disconnected) clients includes the following information:
- MAC Address: MAC address of the client
- Last IP: The last recorded IP address of the client
- Username: User name used by the user to join the wireless network
- Hostname: Host name of the client
- Last Venue: Name of the venue with which the client was last associated
- Last AP: Name of the last access point with which the client was connected
- Last Network: Name of the last wireless network that the client had joined
- Last Seen: The date and time that the client was last connected with the AP
- From the list of either connected or disconnected clients, locate the wireless client for which you want to view details, and then click its MAC address.
The Client MAC Address page appears and displays three sections across two panes followed by five report-type sections. For more details, refer to the Viewing Client Details.