Viewing Events That Have Occurred on the AP
Periodically viewing events that have occurred on an AP (or on clients that are associated with the AP) can help alert you to potential issues.
- From the navigation pane, click Networking Devices and select the Wi-Fi tab.
- Click the name of the AP that you want to check for events.
The APs page is displayed.
- Select the Events tab. The Events page displays the latest events that have occurred on the AP in the last 24 hours. The following columns display the event details:
- Date: The date and time when the event occurred.
- Severity: The severity level of the event. Refer to Event Severity Levels for information on what each severity level means.
- Event Type: The component that generated the event. Possible values include Admin, AP (for example, an AP was rebooted), Client (for example, a user left the Wi-Fi network), and Notification.
- Product: The type of product, namely Wi-Fi.
- Source: If the event occurred on the AP, this column shows the AP name. If the event occurred on a client, this column shows the MAC address of the client.
- MAC Address: The MAC address of the AP on which the event occurred.
- Description: A brief description of the event. The event description is dynamic, not static. Information specific to the event, including identification of the related entity, is displayed. For example, the MAC address of the connected client is displayed.
- Click Export to CSV to export the list of events to a .CSV file.
- Click Refresh to reload the Events page.